Regional Cooperation (continued):
Focus: Metropolitan Planning Organization & Capital Crossroads.
“Regional plans help guide individuals, organizations and governments to make policy and budget decisions based on a collective, agreed-upon vision for the region’s future. The MPO, as a regional body representing local governments throughout the greater Des Moines area, regularly acts to coordinate and facilitate regional planning efforts. Additionally, the MPO supports and assists other regional plans being developed by partner governments and organizations.” MPO Website
Is there a way through regional cooperation, to share resources and responsibilities in order to increase efficiencies and effectiveness in the public sector?
Building on the discussion of Town Hall #9 , the focus of the Town Hall will be the work of the Des Moines Area Metropolitan Planning Organization:
- MPO Plans:
- The Tomorrow Plan
- Mobilizing Tomorrow
- CONNECT – Central Iowa Bicycle & Pedestrian Plan
- Passenger Transportation Plan
- Greater Des Moines Water Trails & Greenways Master Plan
- FFY 2020-2023 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Other Regional Plans:
- Capital Crossroads (Greater Des Moines Partnership)
- DART Forward 2035 (DART, Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
- Healthy Polk 2020 (Polk County Health Department)
- Housing Tomorrow (Polk County Housing Trust Fund)
- Todd Ashby, AICP | Executive Director | MPO
- Emily Kessinger | Director | Capital Crossroads
Individuals registered for previous Town Halls will automatically receive communications and links; no further action required.
If you have not registered previously, please do so at the “Contact Us” tab.