What’s in the new tax law?
Background and Changes …
Wednesday, June 23, at 4:30 PM
On Wednesday June 16, Gov. Kim Reynolds signed into law “landmark tax reform legislation” that:
- impacts mental health funding & services
- eliminates the state’s inheritance tax
- provides a series of income tax cuts
- raises tax credits for child care and housing
- eliminates the “backfill” the state provided local government to offset previous commercial property tax cuts.
- Tom Sands, Pres/CEO, Iowa Taxpayers Association
- Chris Hagenow, Vice President, Iowans for Tax Relief
- John Hendrickson, Policy Director, Tax Education Foundation Iowa
References & Resources: