Broadlawns Medical Center
… Observations of the new CEO.
Wednesday October 12, at 4:30 PM
Anthony B. Coleman, DHA is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Broadlawns Medical Center.
Since assuming his responsibilities on December 6, 2021, Dr. Coleman has become intimately familiar with the operations of Broadlawns and it’s position in the community. During Town Hall #42 he shared his observations and aspirations for the medical center.
Anthony B. Coleman, DHA
“Anthony (Tony) was born and raised in Southern California and enlisted in the U.S Navy, serving onboard warships in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. After completing two full sea tours, Tony was commissioned as a Naval Officer. While in graduate school, Tony worked in a rural South Carolina hospital where he discovered his passion for eliminating health disparities among vulnerable populations.”
- Presentation Slides
- Session Recording
- 00:06 About Dr. Coleman & his passion
- 09:38 Initial of BMC & community
- 12:30 Session Overview & Statewide Trends
- 15:30 Reimbursement: Medicaid & Wellmark
- 24:36 Hospital Data Trends
- 29:00 “Metropolitan Anchor Hospital”
- 35:30 “Social Determinants of Health”
- 38:00 Strategic Plan
- 40:50 Is Tax Support Still Appropriate?
- 44:40 Other Q&A
- 51:00 Closing Comments