Sometimes a neutral third party is the only way to get everyone re-focused on what’s best for the region as a whole.E.J. Giovanetti
Former Polk Countu Supervisor
& 20-year Mayor of Urbandale
PREVIOUS TOWN HALLS
- Property taxes… Yesterday, today
andin the future?
- Property Taxes 101 – “From Assessing property values to paying the property tax bill … and beyond.”
- Changes in property taxes collected since last year.
- Let’s Talk Property Taxes – Open Mike Wednesday
- 2021 Property Tax Update
- Gov. Reynolds’ Education Proposal – SSB1065
- Educational Outcomes: West Des Moines & State of Iowa Data
- City of Des Moines’ employee incentive to live in the city & “backfill”
- Bondurant – The challenges and opportunities of a smaller suburban city
- Mental Health – Current landscape & a possible model for collaboration
- Summer Round Table: Changes to the mental health system & funding.
State of Iowa: Funding, Legislation & Updates
- 2021 “Iowa’s Landmark Tax Reform” – SF 619
- Gov. Reynolds “Condition of the State” Address
- Federal & State Updates – Impact on cities, counties & your taxes.
- State of Iowa Finances: Sources & Uses of Funds and Incoming Federal Funding
ARP & COVID-19
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021- Impact on Central Iowa
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 – Impact on Public Schools
- Public sector operational and financial challenges being faced in this COVID-19 era
- Private sector operational and financial challenges being faced in this COVID-19 era
- COVID-19 Experiences: Impact on ongoing funding & operations of public sector organizations.
- Regional Cooperation: Is it possible? What Opportunities Exist?
- Regional Cooperation (continued)
- Regional Cooperation: Focus on the MPO and Capital Crossroads